Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Stockholm, first Semi-Final (#ESC2016 #Eurovision)

For those of you who are wondering “why the heck did this guy made a ‘Should I Stay Or Should I Pee’-card” … read the Dutch blogs, that’s where I created the idea. But, to show you all WHY I decided to mark songs as “time to visit your toilet”, I created this English blog! This year’s episode of the Eurovision Song Contest (from now on #ESC2016 or #ESC) has got the theme: “why should we create a complete new song, if there are enough songs to cover”. Only the songs which are suitable for my ears are linked below! Have fun reading this blog!
  1. Sandhja - Sing It Away (Finland)Song reminds me of Hideaway by Kiesza. The song is just a typical pop song. If she can sing this song good (not out of tune), she can make it to the finals. Just a short note: terrible hair in the music video! https://youtu.be/Ge5iMzHc3cY
  2. Argo - Utopian Land (Greece)OMG! They try to kill me with this song! RUN AWAY !!! RUN RUN! Go pee or get some coffee!
  3. Lidia Isac - Falling Stars (Moldova) Gosh, she is moaning the song! Guess she really wants the stars to fall down! Just a typical ESC song, nothing special … nothing new. It’s not bad, but also not amazing! https://youtu.be/wXcDKy97BHk
  4. Freddie - Pioneer (Hungary)He knows what to do! If he sings the song like he does in the music video, many hearts will beat faster!! Not the best song in this Semi-Final, but it’s pretty good! https://youtu.be/NU8wso6fngM
  5. Nina Kraljić - Lighthouse (Croatia) Poor Nina, what did they do with your hair in that video? Poor girl! Anyway, the song sounds like I know it, Nina sings like Emmelie de Forest, but I prefer Emmelie! What do you think? https://youtu.be/ZPDKaOgkAGY
  6. Douwe Bob - Slow Down (The Netherlands)Slow Down sounds like a 90’s track. Before #ESC2016 Douwe was not that known yet. I like the song, but I don’t know if it will make it to the finals! https://youtu.be/vytgHD2pqyk
  7. Iveta Mukuchyan - LoveWave (Armenia)You hear Adele (Hello) and Olive (You’re Not Alone). Iveta will sing out of tune probably. Not worth listening at all.
  8. Serhat - I Didn't Know (San Marino)A very bad Boney M ‘cover’. Sounds like the 70’s, terrible vocals. IEWL!
  9. Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One (Russia)Typical #ESC song. Sergey did listen to Måns Zelmerlöw for inspiration. This song will make it to the finals for sure! I love it! https://youtu.be/gHgxi57Um0w
  10. Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand (Czech Republic)Great song, but will it work this year? I don’t know! Can she sing LIVE as good as on the release ? YES: final, NO: bye bye! https://youtu.be/0L2imZRo6NY
  11. Minus One - Alter Ego (Cyprus)
    This song sounds a lot like something else too, but WOW !!! One of my favo’s this evening! We need more songs like this at the #ESC !!!  For sure top 10 (I hope top 5) at the final! Check out the video and enjoy Minus One! https://youtu.be/k8LcNrqiIFE
  12. ZOË - Loin d'ici (Austria) 
    Her music video shows us that she can really sing LIVE! The song is typical #ESC. Only negative point: the chorus is there all the time! https://youtu.be/3pvhx0z3ZFI
  13. Jüri Pootsmann - Play (Estonia)
    RUN! You need to protect your ears! And you really need a drink, or 2!
  14. Samra - Miracle (Azerbaijan)Without the video, this song was one of my fav’s this evening. After watching the music video I do wanna know if someone already told Samra to stop spreading her mouth that wide open! Anyway, the song is great! Top 10 in the final for sure! https://youtu.be/Dix6XJ_Uo-w
  15. Highway - The Real Thing (Montenegro)
    The music video brings me a Meniere attack. As soon as the singing start I have to run to the toilet! This is not “the real thing” but just a “terrible thing”.
  16. Greta Salóme - Hear Them Calling (Iceland)
    Even though this song sounds like the theme “let’s cover a song”, this song can be a final top 10! I hope that Greta will not be that hyperactive on stage since the beat is “not that fast”. https://youtu.be/7xQxQRdZasQ
  17. Dalal & Deen feat. Ana Rucner and Jala - Ljubav Je (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
    Time for some new drinks or snacks! Shitty song!
  18. Ira Losco - Walk on Water (Malta)She will make it to the finals. And she is pretty … and I LOVE THE SONG … and I love her. If you’ve got her number, let me know! Would love to date her! Saturday she will make it to the top 5! ! https://youtu.be/9J7O5BGqPDk
This was the first Semi-Final. You don’t have to agree with what I think. But my ears are very well trained and I do listen to the songs with a commercial way of thinking. A song needs to be popular to make money. We all know that there will be songs which make it to the finals due to illegal or terrible voting. Let’s see it from a sunny side … I bet you were laughing while reading all of the above! Didn’t you?
Semi-Final 2 blog + “Should I Stay Or Should I Pee”-card will be online on Wednesday the 11th of May!
plaskaart

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

3x Loes Den Hollander: Vrijdag, Driftleven en Zwanenzang.

3 true stories/facts about how #PLDT handles complaints of it's customers!

#GameOfThrones S07 E01: Dragonstone !