Eurovision Song Contest 2016, the final! #ESC2016 #Eurovision #esf16
It’s almost time for the final of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. The year where some songs did sound amazing on CD (or mp3) but turned out to be terrible live on stage! The year that 75-90% is a cover by music. The year that one country did made it to the finals with a song about politics while politic statements are forbidden. The year that the organization said that the rainbow flag was not allowed, but that they interviewed only gay people in the taxi. The year that we saw again many stupid videos while waiting for the results. The year that … yeah who will be the winner ?? In this blog I try to explain the special “Should this song win or should we run away” card!
01 Laura Tesoro - What's The Pressure (Belgium)
She is cute, she’s got legs, she sings great. For me it will be a top 5 song for sure! Don’t forget that, even though the song sounds like “Another One Bites The Dust”, this song is great for worldwide release. Perfect charts material! https://youtu.be/iP3USrYpr5w
She is cute, she’s got legs, she sings great. For me it will be a top 5 song for sure! Don’t forget that, even though the song sounds like “Another One Bites The Dust”, this song is great for worldwide release. Perfect charts material! https://youtu.be/iP3USrYpr5w
02 Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand (Czech Republic)
A “power-ballad”, she can sing pretty good for a live audience (see video), but it’s missing something to become top 10. Maybe between 10 and 20 will be the result.
https://youtu.be/iGaX6Q_bc-o
A “power-ballad”, she can sing pretty good for a live audience (see video), but it’s missing something to become top 10. Maybe between 10 and 20 will be the result.
https://youtu.be/iGaX6Q_bc-o
03 Douwe Bob - Slow Down (The Netherlands)
2 years ago we had the Common Linnets who did reach the top 3 … and this year we do have Douwe Bob to reach top 3! Even though he starts way too early in the finals, I am sure people remember our national proud! 12 points for Douwe Bob !!! It will be amazing to have a top 3 competition with The Netherlands and Belgium by the way! https://youtu.be/vytgHD2pqyk
2 years ago we had the Common Linnets who did reach the top 3 … and this year we do have Douwe Bob to reach top 3! Even though he starts way too early in the finals, I am sure people remember our national proud! 12 points for Douwe Bob !!! It will be amazing to have a top 3 competition with The Netherlands and Belgium by the way! https://youtu.be/vytgHD2pqyk
04 Samra - Miracle (Azerbaijan)
A pretty lady, a beautiful voice. But she needs to sing better than in the first semi-final. The song is interesting for international releases, so somewhere between 10 and 15 will be the result ! Check her performance: https://youtu.be/fmaRaN0MbbI
A pretty lady, a beautiful voice. But she needs to sing better than in the first semi-final. The song is interesting for international releases, so somewhere between 10 and 15 will be the result ! Check her performance: https://youtu.be/fmaRaN0MbbI
05 Freddie - Pioneer (Hungary)
He did sound like he did catch a cold in the first semi-final. The guys at the background do look terrible, but I can imagine that a lot of women (and men) love the way Freddie looks. The song is commercial enough to reach charts worldwide. Top 15 material, maybe even top 10! https://youtu.be/SD1ESQeYU3U
He did sound like he did catch a cold in the first semi-final. The guys at the background do look terrible, but I can imagine that a lot of women (and men) love the way Freddie looks. The song is commercial enough to reach charts worldwide. Top 15 material, maybe even top 10! https://youtu.be/SD1ESQeYU3U
06 Francesca Michielin - No Degree of Separation (Italy)
The country where people like to sing in their garden. Where a good Eurovision song needs to sound like Laura Pausini. Pretty girl Francesca will bring her country to top 10, maybe even top 5! https://youtu.be/CNDc8OVWxaI
The country where people like to sing in their garden. Where a good Eurovision song needs to sound like Laura Pausini. Pretty girl Francesca will bring her country to top 10, maybe even top 5! https://youtu.be/CNDc8OVWxaI
07 Hovi Star - Made of Stars (Israel)
To be honest, I don’t like this guy at all. He acts stupid and he doesn’t like our Douwe! But, stepping aside from what I think about the guy: his song is great AND Hovi Star sings amazing! I hope top 10 for the song, but probably somewhere between 10 and 15! https://youtu.be/xU1WtfovOWk
To be honest, I don’t like this guy at all. He acts stupid and he doesn’t like our Douwe! But, stepping aside from what I think about the guy: his song is great AND Hovi Star sings amazing! I hope top 10 for the song, but probably somewhere between 10 and 15! https://youtu.be/xU1WtfovOWk
08 Poli Genova - If Love Was A Crime (Bulgaria)
Since “Galantis – Runaway (You&I) was a huge hit, I am sure that the Bulgarian cover “If Love Was A Crime” will reach top 10. https://youtu.be/OeZhebdch2M
Since “Galantis – Runaway (You&I) was a huge hit, I am sure that the Bulgarian cover “If Love Was A Crime” will reach top 10. https://youtu.be/OeZhebdch2M
09 Frans - If I Were Sorry (Sweden)
I am a huge Sweden fan every year. Frans is for sure a nice guy. But I AM VERY SORRY FRANS! You are not one of my favorites. Since the song sounds like Matt Simons and Robin Schulz songs, I think that the song will end somewhere between 15 and 26! https://youtu.be/0tf6DnPj_BA
I am a huge Sweden fan every year. Frans is for sure a nice guy. But I AM VERY SORRY FRANS! You are not one of my favorites. Since the song sounds like Matt Simons and Robin Schulz songs, I think that the song will end somewhere between 15 and 26! https://youtu.be/0tf6DnPj_BA
10 Jamie-Lee - Ghost (Germany)
A cute “anime” or “manga” girl. She seems to be lost in her own wonderland. The song is better on MP3 file than live … so I am afraid that the song will end somewhere between 15 and 26!
https://youtu.be/a4QvzLQmp80
A cute “anime” or “manga” girl. She seems to be lost in her own wonderland. The song is better on MP3 file than live … so I am afraid that the song will end somewhere between 15 and 26!
https://youtu.be/a4QvzLQmp80
11 Amir - J'ai cherché (France)
Used to be one of my favorites of this year, but the live performance (see video) made me doubt. He was singing out of tune for a huge part. If he will sing good, he will be top 5, will he sing out of tune again, it will be below top 10! https://youtu.be/76atabAESKI
Used to be one of my favorites of this year, but the live performance (see video) made me doubt. He was singing out of tune for a huge part. If he will sing good, he will be top 5, will he sing out of tune again, it will be below top 10! https://youtu.be/76atabAESKI
12 Michał Szpak - Color Of Your Life (Poland)
Before people wanna hurt me again like the last time: this song is NOT bad, but it’s not something special. He can sing good, but will end between 15 and 26! https://youtu.be/_elL5u0xXX8
Before people wanna hurt me again like the last time: this song is NOT bad, but it’s not something special. He can sing good, but will end between 15 and 26! https://youtu.be/_elL5u0xXX8
13 Dami Im - Sound Of Silence (Australia)
Dami keeps on calling with her iPhone. I can’t answer cause I don’t have facetime! Anyway. Top 5 for sure! She can be the winner, but would be strange for a European event. https://youtu.be/jA16qQA4ik0
Dami keeps on calling with her iPhone. I can’t answer cause I don’t have facetime! Anyway. Top 5 for sure! She can be the winner, but would be strange for a European event. https://youtu.be/jA16qQA4ik0
14 Minus One - Alter Ego (Cyprus)
For me this song should really be top 5! But I am afraid it will not end up that high. Top 10 for sure. I am now a huge fan of Minus One since I found out about this amazing song! Would love to go to a concert of the guys !!! https://youtu.be/PfBh9bKt-Dc
For me this song should really be top 5! But I am afraid it will not end up that high. Top 10 for sure. I am now a huge fan of Minus One since I found out about this amazing song! Would love to go to a concert of the guys !!! https://youtu.be/PfBh9bKt-Dc
15 ZAA Sanja Vučić - Goodbye (Shelter) (Serbia)
Like I said the previous time: go to the toilet. This song is just terrible. Not refreshing, not great performed. Just let it go. Between 15 – 26 (if people do care about the music!)
Like I said the previous time: go to the toilet. This song is just terrible. Not refreshing, not great performed. Just let it go. Between 15 – 26 (if people do care about the music!)
16 Donny Montell - I've Been Waiting For This Night
Power pop song! Will end between 10 and 15. Can’t say more! https://youtu.be/EdOEKBhMN-U
Power pop song! Will end between 10 and 15. Can’t say more! https://youtu.be/EdOEKBhMN-U
17 Nina Kraljić - Lighthouse (Croatia)
Still don’t understand why people did vote this into the finals. She looks and sound like shit! Ends at the bottom! https://youtu.be/U6bmKB3SHPY
Still don’t understand why people did vote this into the finals. She looks and sound like shit! Ends at the bottom! https://youtu.be/U6bmKB3SHPY
18 Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One (Russia)
What do I need to say about this song? Probably the winner, competing with Netherlands, Australia, Belgium and Cyprus in the top 5! https://youtu.be/RZkXb_IGS1g
What do I need to say about this song? Probably the winner, competing with Netherlands, Australia, Belgium and Cyprus in the top 5! https://youtu.be/RZkXb_IGS1g
19 Barei - Say Yay! (Spain)
A typical earworm, good dance track! And she is a cool woman! I hope for top 10, but top 15 for sure! Will turn out to be a good track for the radio channels! https://youtu.be/GOwGuZICGn8
A typical earworm, good dance track! And she is a cool woman! I hope for top 10, but top 15 for sure! Will turn out to be a good track for the radio channels! https://youtu.be/GOwGuZICGn8
20 Justs - Heartbeat (Latvia)
I still don’t understand why this song made it into the finals. He did sing out of tune and the song is nothing special. I hope he will end at the bottom! https://youtu.be/f6FdGky3_4E
I still don’t understand why this song made it into the finals. He did sing out of tune and the song is nothing special. I hope he will end at the bottom! https://youtu.be/f6FdGky3_4E
21 Jamala - 1944 (Ukraine)
Before you are getting all angry again. This song is really terrible! It’s really not possible that bookmakers get this song high in their rankings. The song sounds like shit. She sings the “t” and “s” like shit … all about this song is shitty! If this will end up in top 10, it will only be cause of sympathy for Ukraine, but since the Eurovision Song Contest is about SONGS and NOT about politics, this song should and 26th (or lower if it would be possible)
Before you are getting all angry again. This song is really terrible! It’s really not possible that bookmakers get this song high in their rankings. The song sounds like shit. She sings the “t” and “s” like shit … all about this song is shitty! If this will end up in top 10, it will only be cause of sympathy for Ukraine, but since the Eurovision Song Contest is about SONGS and NOT about politics, this song should and 26th (or lower if it would be possible)
22 Ira Losco - Walk on Water (Malta)
We all understand that she shows her legs on stage. Her legs are beautiful. The song is very catchy and good for airplay on worldwide radio channels. But I guess she will end somewhere between 10 and 20 at the end. https://youtu.be/owdRmyu_Jac
We all understand that she shows her legs on stage. Her legs are beautiful. The song is very catchy and good for airplay on worldwide radio channels. But I guess she will end somewhere between 10 and 20 at the end. https://youtu.be/owdRmyu_Jac
23 Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight Gold (Georgia)
They will end as 25th, just above Ukraine. Or there will be too many people voting who just used lots of drugs . But no, sorry. Even though it’s not terrible.
They will end as 25th, just above Ukraine. Or there will be too many people voting who just used lots of drugs . But no, sorry. Even though it’s not terrible.
24 ZOË - Loin d'ici (Austria)
She is cute, but looks like she is already in her 40’s. Did not see that she was still under 20 years … but oke! A typical Eurovision song and she can sing pretty good. Not interesting at all for radio channels worldwide … will reach the top 15, maybe! https://youtu.be/XgzTQXYAb6s
She is cute, but looks like she is already in her 40’s. Did not see that she was still under 20 years … but oke! A typical Eurovision song and she can sing pretty good. Not interesting at all for radio channels worldwide … will reach the top 15, maybe! https://youtu.be/XgzTQXYAb6s
25 Joe and Jake - You're Not Alone (United Kingdom)
Afraid that this song will not be strong enough for top 10, that’s why I say: “Top 15 for sure”! The song is good for airplay on radio channels in Europe! https://youtu.be/snpd-8kCyR0
Afraid that this song will not be strong enough for top 10, that’s why I say: “Top 15 for sure”! The song is good for airplay on radio channels in Europe! https://youtu.be/snpd-8kCyR0
26 Iveta Mukuchyan - LoveWave (Armenia)
The final song of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. A pretty woman, a nice suit! Not that strong vocals … but top 15 for sure! https://youtu.be/h3KTV0jdCpQ
The final song of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. A pretty woman, a nice suit! Not that strong vocals … but top 15 for sure! https://youtu.be/h3KTV0jdCpQ
Once again, you don’t have to agree with what I think about the songs. As I said before: I am listening on a different way than a Eurovision lover. Hope that the BEST song will win!
Don’t forget to follow me at twitter: @totallyanders / www.twitter.com/totallyanders !!!

Reacties
Een reactie posten